Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Eclipse Blind

I still have the Double Bull Matrix 360 on my wish list but I had to get a blind.

I cant take wiggly munchkins out hunting for turkey or deer without a blind. I did not think that I had any options in getting a turkey in Quantico with the bow without a blind. The good news is that I can do some video taping while I am in the blind and set up the tripod and hopefully get some good birds on film.

I got the Eclipse from Big Game Stands:

The write up is as follows:
Any hunter who seeks an easy-to-set-up, hub-style blind at an affordable price will put this blind at the top of his/her list. It offers a spacious 77"W x 67"H interior for you and all your hunting gear. The 600-denier polyester has a fade-free UV-coating and a water-resistant polyurethane coating to keep the interior dry under most weather conditions. Collapsible hub system allows the whole blind to be folded down and stored in the included backpack storage case. The Phantom Pro dark black coating provides a shadow-free blind interior. The 12 large view windows are covered with shoot-through mesh to give you multiple shot angles at game. One large roof opening.
Weight: 14 lbs.
Dimensions: 77"W x 77"L x 67"H.



The blind is easy to set up and after you get all the windows down and the screens moved around where you need them you can see all the way around the blind! I am very impressed with it, though I think it is a bit too dark. I am going to have to get some branches to help break it up a bit!

I am headed out Friday morning to get 3 good hours in the woods and then back again for Saturday in the archery area! I need the birds to gobble... Just one good gobble will make my entire week wonderful. Pictures will come on Saturday or Sunday!