Sunday, May 06, 2007

Saturday Turkey Hunting

Saturday morning found me up at 4:30 am headed to Quantico to get an archery pass for Camp Upshur in unit 17. I got the pass and headed out and was told I could only park in one of 3 parking areas. The first area was right along the river and I wanted to set the blind up along a field so I passed on that. The other two area according to the map were in areas where there were tons of Marines running around in field training. I decided that the Turkeys were not going to be very cooperative to all of these training marines so I drove back, handed in my pass and called it a day. I had a little girls soccer game to attend at noon and some things are more important then turkey hunting, although not very many!

Will be back at it again next Friday and will see how it goes!